Results from our February 2022 survey of drama teachers
1. Where do you teach drama?
2. Do you have a say in the professional development sessions you attend?
3. In the past year, have you attended any professional development sessions to specifically learn about theater or theater education?
4. Considering any and all such classes, were they:
5. What topics for theatre-specific professional development would interest you?
6. What topics for professional development would you suggest?
7. What length do you need a PD session to be?
8. Does your school or district restrict who leads professional development sessions?
9. What format for a PD session would you be willing to attend if you had the option?
10. When would you prefer to attend PD sessions?
11. Who would you prefer to have lead PD sessions?
12. Who pays for PD sessions if there is a cost involved?
13. How much have you personally paid for professional development sessions in the past?
14. How much would you personally pay for professional development sessions?
15. How much would your school or district pay for professional development sessions?
16. Would you be interested in attending an in-state, all-day workshop designed for high school/middle school theatre teachers at the start of the school year that could count toward your PD credits?
17. How much would you or your district pay for such a session?